Chai Spice Cheesecake
For the crust: 12 Graham Crackers
1/3 cup butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
4 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions Making the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with a rack in the middle-lower part of your oven. Grease a 9-inch spring form pan with butter.
2. Crush the graham crackers in a food processor until finely crumbed. Mix the crumbs and the melted butter until it resembles wet sand. Transfer that mixture to the spring form pan and press evenly onto the bottom. Bake for crust for 8 to 10 minutes or until it starts to brown slightly. Take from oven and let it cool.
Making the cheesecake:
1. Beat the cream cheese, the sour cream, sugar, cornstarch, salt, lemon juice, and the vanilla extract until creamy and without any lumps, about 5 minutes on medium speed. 2. Mix the eggs, one at a time, over low speed, just until blended. The mixture will be creamy and silky. Pour the batter over the cooled crust.
3. Fill pan with enough boiling water to cover bottom of pan place underneath the cheesecake while baking. Bake cheesecake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
4. Once cheesecake is done, turn off the oven but keep the cheesecake in there, cooling for at least one hour with the oven door slightly open.
5. After one hour, transfer cheesecake to a wire rack and let it cool completely before transferring it the the fridge.
6. Chill the cheesecake overnight before severing. And enjoy!!