How To Make Baked Donuts Filled with Jelly
Baked Donuts are incredibly soft, airy and melt-in-you-mouth delicious. This homemade donut recipe is easy and your friends will rave about them. The little hint of jelly peeking out of the side makes them irresistible. Learn how to make them here https://youtu.be/fWO0n-_Xzrw
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour divided
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp instant yeast quick acting
2/3 cup warm milk 110˚F
4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted, divided
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup jelly or jam
1/3 cup granulated sugar to roll donuts
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast and 1/4 tsp salt. Add warm milk, 3 Tbsp melted butter, 2 egg yolks and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and whisk vigorously to combine well.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and rest at room temperature 10 minutes, until some bubbles form on the surface.
3. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, adding just enough until dough holds together and no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. Knead in the bowl 5 minutes. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 mins until doubled in size.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375˚F with rack in the center of the oven.
5.Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll the dough out to just under 1/2” thick. Cut circles using a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter or you can use a cup. Place donuts on prepared baking sheet, cover with a tea towel and let rise for 20 min or until puffed. 6. 6. Bake uncovered in the center of a preheated oven at 375˚F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
7. Right out of the oven, brush a hot bun all over with remaining 1 Tbsp melted butter and roll in a bowl of sugar to coat lightly with sugar.
8. Cut a deep slit in the side of each donut and pipe jam with a pastry bag into each one and enjoy!