How to make Chocolate-Bottom Pumpkin Tarts
This Harry Potter inspired dish is one of the many baked goods that Harry, Ron, and Hermione would eat in the great hall. With the delicious pumpkin filling, chocolate bottom and flaky crust! You will surely love this dessert! Learn how to make them here https://youtu.be/xMOpGYZXnUI
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3/4 stick col butter, cut into pieces
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Pumpkin Filling 1 1/2 cups pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. To make the dough, place the flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Scatter the butter pieces over the flour and pulse till combined. Transfer to separate mixing bowl.
2. Whisk together the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla and pour over the flour mixture. Toss together until the dough begins to stick together. Knead to form a cohesive mass and from into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 425 F. On generously floured surface, roll out the disk. Cut out dough to size of your pans and fit the dough too pan. Prick the bottom of the shell with a fork, line aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes. remove foil, reduce the heat to 350 F, and bake until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven to cool.
4. To make the chocolate bottom, place the cream and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and pour into the bottom of the tart shell. Cool until set.
5. To make the filling, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, and heavy cream in a medium saucepan and cook, stirring frequently, until hot but not bubbling. Whisk the eggs with the cornstarch and add to the pan. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbling. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature.
6. Pour the cooled filling into the tart shell and smooth the top. Refrigerate until firm.